We offer plain (accessible) design services for organizations, businesses, and governments who need readable, legible and understandable communications materials. Plain design follows the principles of plain language writing and focuses on the needs of the audience to emphasize user experience over aesthetics or novelty.
A plain-design approach is ideal for materials the audience must use or act on, including manuals, health care communications, legal information, voting information and maps. Plain design can also improve visual communication for audiences with language, cognitive or visual barriers.
Our plain (accessible) design services include:
- Audience analysis
- Plain (accessible) design assessment of existing material
- Plain (accessible) redesign
- Plain (accessible) publication design
- Information and infographics design
- User consultation and user testing
- Creating or revising documentation and style guides to reflect plain (accessible) design best practices